The portrait of your dad turned out really nicely! Your a great painter. The only suggestion I notice right away is that with your photo of the piece some of its contrast disappears. I would amp up the contrast or take another picture because in really it looks much more dramatic than this photo is portraying. I love your choice of back ground it speaks well for the rest of the piece. Nice job!
Your box drawing looks great. The lines are really clean and the shading looks perfect. I think the only suggestion I might have would be to put some larger diamonds of color scatter around to make the drawing stand out more. You did a fantastic job with this though.
Portrait of your dad: I know this was kind of a hard project, but yours came out really well. The skin turned out great--I like that you have all different colors and shades, like the purples and bright pinks in his neck and the much lighter areas on his head. I like his serious facial expression too. I also think you did a good job of making the flag look like it's waving, and of course the yellow shirt also came out well. There's nothing I'd change on the painting itself, but the picture is a tiny bit crooked (You can see a little sliver of the wall or whatever is behind the picture). I would also brighten it a little so you can really appreciate the colors and contrast you used.
this is the box drawing- I'd say the focal point is the one red shape, and the contrast and shading works really well along with the lines and rhythm. I loved the diversity and creativity of the items you used in the box and I can't think of anything to change. Great piece.
The Box One--- Right of the bat--Excellent value and composition. Seriously, the composition is amazing. The strong diagonal ties all the objects together and create this strong piece. The addition of color is nice although i think it would benefit from straightening the edges of the shapes--making them more geometric. Overall-really nice!! ~Chandler Wood~
Discuss the major elements and principles you immediately recognize? rhythm, color What is the focal point? her dad How does the work make you feel? solace in the midst of chaos In your opinion what is successful about the work? the contrast of the seriousness of the father and the background What unusual qualities or ideas stand out in the work? the choice of the background What improvements could you recommend? more contrast Did the students follow the directions from College Board to achieve the quality needed in the digital image for final submission? needs a bit more contrast added
4/5. i cant tell if it's the picture of the painting, but i think there needs to be some more contrast added
6 comments:
The portrait of your dad turned out really nicely! Your a great painter. The only suggestion I notice right away is that with your photo of the piece some of its contrast disappears. I would amp up the contrast or take another picture because in really it looks much more dramatic than this photo is portraying. I love your choice of back ground it speaks well for the rest of the piece. Nice job!
Your box drawing looks great. The lines are really clean and the shading looks perfect. I think the only suggestion I might have would be to put some larger diamonds of color scatter around to make the drawing stand out more. You did a fantastic job with this though.
Portrait of your dad:
I know this was kind of a hard project, but yours came out really well. The skin turned out great--I like that you have all different colors and shades, like the purples and bright pinks in his neck and the much lighter areas on his head. I like his serious facial expression too. I also think you did a good job of making the flag look like it's waving, and of course the yellow shirt also came out well.
There's nothing I'd change on the painting itself, but the picture is a tiny bit crooked (You can see a little sliver of the wall or whatever is behind the picture). I would also brighten it a little so you can really appreciate the colors and contrast you used.
this is the box drawing-
I'd say the focal point is the one red shape, and the contrast and shading works really well along with the lines and rhythm. I loved the diversity and creativity of the items you used in the box and I can't think of anything to change. Great piece.
The Box One---
Right of the bat--Excellent value and composition. Seriously, the composition is amazing. The strong diagonal ties all the objects together and create this strong piece. The addition of color is nice although i think it would benefit from straightening the edges of the shapes--making them more geometric.
Overall-really nice!!
~Chandler Wood~
portrait
Discuss the major elements and principles you
immediately recognize? rhythm, color
What is the focal point? her dad
How does the work make you feel? solace in the midst of chaos
In your opinion what is successful about the work? the contrast of the seriousness of the father and the background
What unusual qualities or ideas stand out in the work? the choice of the background
What improvements could you recommend? more contrast
Did the students follow the directions from College Board to achieve the quality needed in the digital image for final
submission? needs a bit more contrast added
4/5. i cant tell if it's the picture of the painting, but i think there needs to be some more contrast added
Post a Comment