Wednesday, January 28, 2009

6 comments:

Natalie & Sarah said...

1. color, balance, rhythm
2. the focal pt is the hands
3. it makes me think of being fun and playful
4. the hands are absolutely perfect and very realistic. i like all the different positions that you used...a very nice progression
5. the words are a very nice touch. because they're so small, they kind of blur together if you're not close and symbolize how you don't really pay attention when someone's talking
6. i wouldn't do anything- it looks really cool, very original
7. its ready for submission

sharon said...

I really like what you did with your word watercolor. I especially like the back ground in black and white suggesting a sense of unimportance to what the hands are "saying." My only piece of advise (and I'm not sure if this is because of the picture or not) is to make some of the yellow bubbles a different shade of yellow because in some areas they are blending in with the hands and we want the hands to really stand out. Lovely job- I really like this one!

Elizabeth said...

I love the way you portrayed this. The hands looks amazing and the water color around it make the picture really pop. It's definitely a unique piece. The words around the hands are a nice touch and I wouldn't say that there's anything to change here. Awesome job.

Wood said...

I notice line and rhythm, and I think the focal point is the hands. It's very ebullient (I don't think that was your SAT word but it works) and the composition works really well. The blah blah blahs fill the negative space nicely and really bring the piece together. I can't think of anything to fix, great work.

Anonymous said...

I really enjoy this piece because of the colors and the use of space. The elements i first see are balance and rhythm--lots and lots of rhythm, which is what i think makes this piece so strong. To improve it-i don't think there is much you can do now but the words are not as spread out and as balanced as they could have been. But you completed the assignment really effectively---you portrayed your word really well.
~Chandler Wood~

Anonymous said...

Discuss the major elements and principles you immediately recognize? rhythm, color, balance
What is the focal point? hands
How does the work make you feel? its like the hand motions folks make when theyre mocking someone talking, which is reinforced by the words around it
In your opinion what is successful about the work? the hands! they look great
What unusual qualities or ideas stand out in the work? the words all around the hands
What improvements could you recommend? none
Did the students follow the directions from College Board to achieve the quality needed in the digital image for final
submission? yes.

5/5 for the AP score. looks great, original idea and composition. good job