Saturday, January 24, 2009

Sketches












5 comments:

Natalie & Sarah said...

the flowers

1. color, line, value, rhythm
2. the focal pts are the two highest flowers clustered together
3. the piece has a very exotic feel to it
4/5. the shading as the flowers get closer to their centers is very pretty. i especially like how you used purples and pinks to keep the bright color scheme- it really makes the flower stand out
6. i think the piece needs more in it- it looks unfinished and the flowers need a little bit more shading, especially near the stems because they kind of look like they are floating
7. i think if you add some more depth to the picture and a few finishing touches, it will be ready for submission

sharon said...

I LOVE COLOR PENCIL- this is one of my favorites! I love the style in which you use the color pencil. A lot of people I feel like don't know how to get the most out of color pencil and you did a lovely job. The flowers are beautiful! I love the colors you used and the warmth of the image. Maybe work a little bit with the stem I would have liked to see them a little more faint so that the petal of the flowers are dominating. However, with the stems more dark like you have them, I don't feel like you lose the petals either. (if that makes sense) Basically I love this one- I wouldn't do anything to them at this point but if you really wanted to then maybe work with the stems but it is not necessary.

Olivia said...

Ok this is for both the pinecone and the tie because you used a similar style on those two and I like them both:
First of all, I like the way you drew them because I like the kind of blurry way you did the lines and the shading. I think it gives it a cool effect. I also like the broad range of values you used--the really dark areas create focal points, especially in the pinecone one. Also, I think you picked an unusual perspective for the drawing of the tie. It looks almost like it's coming towards you. Both these drawings had nice compositions.
There's not much I would improve, although I think you might need to straighten the image of the pinecone one just a tiny bit. Good job!

Wood said...

for the nature one, the top on this post

I notice composition and lines and the focal point is the pine cone. I love the sketchy feel to this piece, it works really well. The shading is nicely done as well. It looks a little incomplete but that could be what you're going for with the sketch book, as it is just an idea. Maybe you could add more subject matter, otherwise I like it.

madison said...

pine cone
1. space, shape, contrast
2. The focal point is the center of the pine cone
3.This is a successful work because of the depth of the pine cone and the contrast
4. the detail on the edge of the leaf and the veins stand out
5. There could be more contrast on the front leaf

Cinderella
1. Color, movement, Pattern
2. The focal point is Cinderella's head
3. Te color and the details of the castle make this successful
4. The snow globe seems a little crooked at the top