Tuesday, December 2, 2008

1st Picture Post


blah blah blah

5 comments:

Natalie & Sarah said...

1. line, rhythm, value
2. the focal pts are the fence in the front towards the middle of the page and the white patch of grass
3. this piece seems chaotic to me because of the 'quick' lines of the road, but at the same time, because it's so accurate, it makes me feel like i could actually be standing on the road.
4. I especially like the fence in the front- it seems very realistic with the shading on the top of the posts and how not all the posts are straight
5. I think the depiction of a country scene in itself is very unique because it is shown in an unusual color scheme- black and white
6. I wouldn't do anything to it!
7. this piece is ready for submission. good job!

Elizabeth said...

All the different lines in this piece make it really interesting. I love the field and the way that you did the grass. It turned out really well. I think you did a great job and you don't need to change anything.

Olivia said...

This is one of my favorite pieces of yours from last year. It definitely turned out the best of anyone's in our class!
I love all the different line types you used, like short choppy ones and longer flowy ones. You really created some great textures, values, and contrast. It also looks very real. The photo looks good too. It's bright enough to see the contrast and sharp enough to see the lines. There's nothing I'd fix on this one. Nice job!

Anonymous said...

This is definitely one of my favorites!! I love the use of pen--you should do another piece like it!! You did an excellent job creating depth and texture! I can differentiate the different paths and pastures from one another. The fence line helps with this and it also helps the composition a lot!! You used a lot of effective contrast and this helps excite your eye as it moves through the page.
~Chandler Wood~

Anonymous said...

Discuss the major elements and principles you immediately recognize? live, rhythm
What is the focal point? the road
How does the work make you feel? it has a feel that im actually driving on this road
In your opinion what is successful about the work? it says it was just a sketch, but it think it turned out very well
What unusual qualities or ideas stand out in the work? the lines in the road
What improvements could you recommend? none
Did the students follow the directions from College Board to achieve the quality needed in the digital image for final
submission? yes

4/5 for the AP score